Monday, August 17, 2009

The Zoo...

Today was our first trip to the zoo this summer and it is already the middle of August....where did the time go?? I'm starting to settle into working only two days a week, but must admit it has been and adjustment on all of us. Alex still wants to go to "work" (daycare) when he finds out
Daddy is working, but I am trying to keep them busy and find fun stuff for them (and me) to do. We had a great time at the zoo today seeing all the animals and playing in the awesome splash area they have, what fun!!!
Now that Abby is walking I have people contstantly asking me how close in age they are, and one person even asked if they were twins. As we all know Alex is a bit small for his age, and Abby is average for her age. After these people find out they are 19 months apart they always say "you have your hands full" and I do, and although it wasn't our plan for it to be this way (obviously there are higher powers that have our plans set out for us), I wouldn't change it for a thing. I love my babies and can't believe Abby will be turning one in just a few days.
I love this picture of the two of them, it is rare that I can get them smiling in the same shot, but here it is!
Waiting for the water to magically appear


This picture reminds of of how wonderful it is to be a kid...Alex loves the water and being outside

Not sure why Abby is making a silly face in this picture



Alex watching the gorilla drink water from a spicket that was in the wall

No comments: