Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The things we do to get out of the house on time...

Every morning it is a race against time to get out and on the road to drop the kids off at daycare and to get to work on time (8:00). Usually Alex wants to bring any toy that he can to the car, but I usually tell him he has to leave it at home so it can "go nite-nite" and Clyde will watch it (so we don't have a battle once we arrive at daycare). Well, this morning we were running especially late and he was having a fit about leaving all the eggs from his Easter egg hunt and the golf clubs he got at home, so to make him happy I said fine, bring them with you. I reminded him on several occasions on the ride to daycare that they have to stay in the car and each time he would just say "no mommy". It must have been my lucky day because when we got there Liam (Alex's good friend at school) was arriving at the same time so Alex was distracted and forgot all about the toys he brought with him. Whoo...I'm glad I didn't have an all out battle this morning! Alex with all his goodies, he held onto the golf clubs the entire way to school

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how funny!! i miss him (and liam) just figure anything that alex can hold multiples of in his hand, he's gonna love it!