Thursday, October 29, 2009

RIP Amber 7/4/91 - 10/29/09

On my 14th birthday I got the best give ever...a 4 week old kitten. I named her Amber and she was the love of my life. She went to JMU with me for a year, then moved into my very first apartment with me after graduating from college, then took the long trek to Kentucky where she had witnessed me getting married and having two beautiful children. Amber was always around, a very social kitty that loved being held and had a purr that would melt your heart. Today, 18+ years later I never imagined would be the day I had to play God, but it was in her best interest as her physical body was failing her. She is in a better place along with many other beloved pets I have had throughout my lifetime. Amber, I will always love you and you will forever have a piece of my heart.

2 comments:

Marie said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your kitty! It's amazing what a huge role an animal can play in your life. Hugs to you.

Anonymous said...

Oh Colleen, I'm so sorry.